Feb 11, 2008

Starting the Gear!

zulprog.blogspot.com (Thanks Zul) has inspired me to have a blog on my research work which I can share with people around the world. Furthermore, I could keep updating my research work online instead of having thick log book as I did during my student's days.

Let me start with my research history. I was seriously involved with the research work in the area of Data Communications in May 2002 when I met Prof. Dr. Norsheila Fisal. Beginning May 2002, I worked as a Research Officer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) working on Provisioning Quality of Service in IPv6 Network under The Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE) project grant. This project was lead by Prof. Dr. Norsheila Fisal who I can consider as my mentor. Prof. Dr. Norsheila is the key person that trigger the research interests in me. This is where I learn about Network Simulator (NS2), TCL/TK and Linux.

I moved to Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) in November 2003 to work with the IP QoS research group lead by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Norashidah Md Din. We worked on Development of a Network Simulation Package for IP QoS Modeling and Simulation in the DiffServ-MPLS Domain under The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) project grant. In Uniten, I work as a Research Assistant and at the same time doing Master of Electrical Engineering (by research) under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Norashidah who at that time was persuing her PhD under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Norsheila. My thesis topic was Enhancements of Differentiated Services (DiffServ) Domain in Provisioning Internet Protocol Quality of Service. With the support from AP Dr Norashidah and other project members, I managed to complete my Master's Research in September 2005.

After 2 years of not doing any research activities, I'm back to the field. Currently I'm looking at Wireless Sensor Network with my new colleagues in Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and collaboration with my fellow researchers in Uniten. :-)


1 comment:

no risk no life said...

i want to patch mannasim on already installed ns-2.29 on red hat linux 9.

help plz......