Feb 14, 2008

Successfully installed....

Taufiq came to my office yesterday with Ubuntu 7.10 64-bit installer.....once again we failed...and the message that appeared on the screen was "Chip does not compatible, need to use 32-bit installer" arrrrrrggggggggg....again....think of other solution...

This morning I went to see Assoc. Prof. Md. Mahfudz (Linux sifu in my faculty)...talked to him about my problem in installing Linux....we tried Fedora...it works but I didn't want to install Fedora as it is basically Red Hat flavour....I had bad experience using Red Hat when I did my master's project...it froze when the NS2 simulation time reach 1000 seconds....Then we tried Ubuntu 7.10....but this time we use Live CD which I never tried in Uniten last week..with Live CD we can test whether it works on our hardware or not...Ubuntu 7.10 seems to work well but something wrong with the display...the desktop was blank and i could only see the toolbar...so we tried Kubuntu 7.10...which is Ubuntu with KDE environment...alhamdulillah it works fine...

My next step is to install NS2 .......

5 comments:

Hafizah said...

so now everyone has a blog? hmm...i think freezed doesn't exist...froze la! :p

papaii....eh ade installer pspice x?

Hazwan said...

yup2 true.. but then what is niyah's blog

Mohd.Taufiq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohd.Taufiq said...

Hye, Husna, I also build up my blog, if you don't mind pleace come -->
www.ip-tech.blogspot.com

Mohd.Taufiq said...

Hai, Husna the problem that have you facing are the main board was using sata cable usually linux always have problem with sata cable instead using ide cable…